Robert J. Daley, M.D.
KneePartner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Daley is one of Chicagoland’s leading surgeons in the areas of robotic assisted total knee replacement, minimally invasive knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and knee arthroscopy. Dr. Daley gained national prominence when, as team physician for the Chicago White Sox, he performed Bo Jackson’s total hip replacement, allowing Jackson to successfully return to playing professional baseball. He also performed artificial knee replacement surgery on Dan Hampton, an NFL Hall of Fame defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears.
Dr. Daley is involved in the design and development of surgical implants for several manufacturers, giving him additional insight into determining the best solutions for his patients. Dr. Daley is a pioneer in the field of robotic assisted total knee replacement which allows him to remove the damaged portion of the knee through a smaller incision and precisely place the implant.
Dr. Daley has advanced training and extensive experience in specialized joint surgery including the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Reconstructive Joint Surgery Fellowship (a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School).
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Residency, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- M.D., Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Robotic Total Knee Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Former Team Physician, Chicago White Sox
- Dr. Robert J. Daley has been recognized as one of our Castle Connolly Top Doctors in Illinois for the specialty of Orthopedic Surgery since 2013.
- Hinsdale Hospital
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- LaGrange Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons