Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
SpineStaff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Lorenz has a national reputation for excellence in treating patients who suffer from back and spine disorders. For over 25 years, he has treated thousands of patients for low back injuries, spinal fractures, spinal deformity, spine tumors, and spinal nerve problems. In addition, Dr. Lorenz has long time interest and experience in treating work injuries resulting in low back disorders and back pain.
Aside from his clinical practice, Dr. Lorenz is an active researcher and educator, publishing numerous scientific articles in professional journals and orthopaedic textbooks focused on the care of the back and spine. Several of his peer-reviewed research studies have received national and international awards. He has repeatedly been invited as a guest speaker to universities across the United States and abroad. He is a clinical associate professor at Loyola University Medical Center, a consultant for the Edward Hines, Jr. Veterans Administration Hospital, and served as the Associate Clinical Director for the Applied Biomechanics and Kinesiology Laboratory at the Veterans Rehabilitation Research and Development Center. He also contributes to The Spine Journal as an Editorial Reviewer.
As part of the Hinsdale Orthopaedics team since 1992, Dr. Lorenz believes that the best outcomes are achieved when scientific evidence and clinical experience are combined with patient values.
- Fellowship, University of Toronto, Canada
- Residency, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Residency, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Internship, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Internship, Gersthof, Vienna, Austria
- M.D., University of Vienna, Austria
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Spinal Surgery (California)
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
- Disorders of the Spine
- Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Loyola University Medical Center
- Consultant, Edward Hines, Jr. Veterans Administration Hospital
- Clinical Consultant, Applied Biomechanics and Kinesiology Laboratory, Rehabilitation Research and Development Center, Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital
- Editorial Reviewer, The Spine Journal
- Editorial Reviewer, European Spine Journal
- Examiner, American Board of Spinal Surgery
- Hinsdale Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Kane County Sheriff 's Department SWAT
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Chicago Trauma Society
- Chicago Orthopaedic Society
- Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Committee Membership: North American Spine Society & Scoliosis Research Society
I experienced amazing professionalism by both Dr. Lorenz and Mr. Pittman and the nursing staff, the front desk, were amazing. Keep doing a great job! You are all amazing professionals.
Very pleased with my visit. After a year of being misdiagnosed and sent to several inappropriate physicians, it's a relief to finally get quality care and in a timely fashion. I'm extremely pleased to get quality of care for my pain and discomfort. I would highly recommend Dr. Lorenz and his staff. Thank you. - Kim