Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
Sports Medicine & Arthroscopic SurgeryPartner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Patel is a fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in all sports medicine injuries for adolescents and adults, including knee, shoulder and elbow.
With a special interest in complex knee disorders, his goal is to preserve the native joint. Dr. Patel is among the few physicians in Chicago performing advanced cartilage restoration procedures, osteotomies to reduce joint stresses, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection therapy, and other orthobiologic techniques. He treats ACL injuries, patellar dislocations, meniscal tears, multi-ligamentous knee injuries, and knee arthritis with minimally invasive and arthroscopic techniques. He is also extensively trained in arthroscopic management of shoulder problems, such as impingement, rotator cuff tears, and labral tears.
Dr. Patel trained at Northwestern University and completed his fellowship at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic, building his expertise in the most innovative orthopaedic procedures. Dr. Patel practices evidence-based sports medicine and believes it is essential to know when ‘not to operate’.
- Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Residency, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- M.D., Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- B.A., Northwestern University, Evanston, IL - Honors Program in Medical Education
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellow, Cleveland Browns - NFL, Cleveland Cavaliers - NBA, Cleveland Indians - MLB
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Resident, Chicago Blackhawks - NHL, Chicago Cubs - MLB
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Staff, Mahoning Valley Scrappers baseball, Baldwin Wallace (DIII) Yellow Jackets Football
- WNBA Chicago Sky - Assistant Team Physician
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association (MAOA)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
Knee Surgery Repair for Competitive Soccer Player
Ryan’s passion for soccer began at age 5 when he started playing in a recreational league near his Plainfield home. He went on to participate in travel soccer with a club in Plainfield, and was looking forward to playing defense his senior year of high school.
Brayden suffered a comminuted (shattered) clavicle (collarbone) fracture and underwent surgery to repair it. This is him only a short time after surgery.
Hello from Beijing! Look what I did today! It was spectacular! A gorgeous crisp Autumn day as we hiked a lesser visited section of The Great Wall. My knees held up great! Thanks so much for your support & working with me to get these knees in good shape for this special day that I have dreamed of since 6th grade! I hiked to the 20th watch tower, which is the farthest tourists can go on this section.
Thank you for giving me my knee back.” She’s a young mom who was in constant pain because of a cartilage defect on her patella (kneecap). I did an Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation on her patella (ACI) where we took a sample of her own cartilage and grew it in a lab and put it back in her knee. We also shifted her kneecap (tibial tubercle osteotomy) so it would not cause future issues.
10110 Donald S Powers Drive
Munster, Indiana 46321