Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
Sports MedicinePartner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Anuj Puppala, a board certified orthopaedic surgeon, specializes in joint replacement surgery of the hip, knee, as well as arthroscopic surgery and fracture surgery. Additionally, Dr. Puppala performs minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacements, which are less painful and have shorter recovery times.
Upon graduation from Northwestern University, Dr. Puppala attended medical school at the Chicago Medical School and then went on to complete an internship and residency at Ochsner Clinic Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana.
During his time at Ochsner Clinic Hospital, Dr. Puppala served as associate team physician for the New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Hornets sports teams. Dr. Puppala previously spent time as associate team physician for University of St. Francis in Joliet and currently serves as team physician for Romeoville High School in Romeoville, Illinois.
Dr. Puppala combines leading edge, minimally invasive techniques with proven traditional methods to provide patients with the best possible care.
- Residency, Ochsner Clinic Foundation New Orleans, LA
- Internship, Ochsner Clinic Foundation New Orleans, LA
- M.D., Finch University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
- Meniscus Repair
- Partial Knee Replacement
- MAKO Robotic Total Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement - Muscle Sparring, Outpatient, Patient Specific Instrumentation
- Sports Medicine
- Injured Worker
- Patient Specific Knee Replacement
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Complex Fracture Management
- Sports Medicine
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Hinsdale Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- St. Joseph Medical Center
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Former Team Physician, Romeoville High School
- Former Associate Team Physician, University of St. Francis
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Medical Associations (AMA)
My visits are always extremely exceptional! The staff and medical team are always in great spirits. My doctor is very well educated and well groomed. I found the best place for my care and wellbeing, outstanding place that I have recommended to family and friends.
Caring, sympathetic, knowledgeable & experienced, Dr. Puppala puts one at ease. From the moment that you meet him he is able to establish an immediate trust that both your physical & emotional needs will be met. I feel VERY fortunate to have him as my doctor. His staff & his assistant (Blanca) are angels in the care as well as the follow-up that they give. - Kathy Bennett in Joliet, IL
Dr. Puppala has replaced both of my hips during the last four years. The latest being 3 weeks ago, it was done anteriorly. Both experiences with Dr. Puppala have been excellent. As I said, I am three weeks post op of the latest replacement and find myself wondering how I can possibly be doing so well. The pain is gone and I'm doing everyday tasks with no problem. I would recommend anyone to Dr. Puppala. - Steve in Joliet, IL
2940 Rollingridge Road
Naperville, IL 60564