Alexander J. Tauchen, M.D.
Hip & Knee Replacement
Dr. Alex Tauchen is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in hip and knee replacement surgery and revisions. Dr. Tauchen attended medical school and completed his residency at Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in Maywood, Illinois. He went on to complete a joint replacement fellowship at the internationally-known Anderson Orthopedic Research Institute in Alexandria, Virginia - one of the original joint replacement fellowships established in the United States.
Dr. Tauchenâ€™s main goal in treating patients with hip and knee issues is to make sure that they fully understand both the nature of their problem and all of the treatment options available to them. He strongly believes in maximizing non-operative treatment such as physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medications, and various types of injections prior to proceeding with surgery. If Dr. Tauchen and his patient decide together that hip or knee replacement surgery is the best option, Dr. Tauchen spends the time necessary to make sure that the procedure is explained in detail and all of the patientâ€™s questions are answered. He believes that patient education, understanding, and managing expectations are crucial for a good outcome. Dr. Tauchen strives to provide the highest quality of care from the time he initially meets the patient and their family all the way through their final phases of recovery.
In his free time, Dr. Tauchen enjoys spending time with his wife and 3 young children, cycling, playing and coaching hockey, and golf.
- Fellowship, Anderson Orthopedic Research Institute, Alexandria, VA (2017)
- Residency, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL (2016)
- M.D., Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL (2011)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip & Knee Joint Replacement
- Outpatient Hip & Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Anterior Hip Revision
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Robotic-assisted Knee Replacement
- Robotic-assisted Partial Knee Replacement
- Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Staff Physician, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Staff Physician, NorthShore University HealthSystem (2017-2022)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
1034 Warren Avenue,
Fax: (630) 288-7371