Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
Total Joint & Sports MedicinePartner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Durkin began practicing in the western suburbs of Chicago in 1999, joining Hinsdale Orthopaedics in 2002. He is sought out by patients for treatment in general orthopaedics, fracture care, joint replacement, and sports medicine. Dr. Durkin specializes in innovative procedures such as MAKOplasty robotic partial knee replacement and computer assisted knee surgery. He previously served as the team physician for York, Immaculate Conception, and Willowbrook High Schools.
After graduating from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a degree in bioengineering, Dr. Durkin went on to earn his medical degree in 1993 from the University of Illinois Medical School in Chicago. He completed his internship and orthopaedic residency at the University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics in Chicago. His training included rotations through University of Illinois Hospitals, Cook County Hospital, Christ Hospital, Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children, Ravenswood Hospital, Michael Reese Hospital, and Chicago West Side Veterans Administration Hospital.
Known as a valuable resource in the community, Dr. Durkin is the physician that other doctors go to for treatment and care. He earned his board certification in orthopaedic surgery in 2001. He frequently attends national and international conferences related to shoulder reconstruction and arthroscopy. He is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Illinois State Medical Society, and the DuPage Medical Society.
- Residency, University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics, Chicago, IL
- Internship, University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics, Chicago, IL
- M.D., University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- US News & World Report Top Doctor, Orthopaedics
- Dr. Michael C. Durkin has been recognized as one of Castle Connolly Top Doctors in Illinois for the specialty of Orthopedic Surgery since 2012.
- IL Top Doctor, since January 2019
- Hinsdale Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Salt Creek Surgical Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- DuPage Medical Society
- Illinois State Medical Society (ISMS)
Dr. Durkin and staff are very good at their job. Very respectful, friendly and I would highly recommend them in the future.
As always Dr. Durkin, Toni and all staff were amazing! They always spend quality time with me, are responsive and patient with my questions, really helpful in explaining whats going on with my shoulder and doing their best to ease any pain/discomfort I'm experiencing. THANKS!
Dr. Durkin is a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. I feel lucky that he was the one to do my shoulder surgery.