Jason Ghodasra, M.D.
Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Dr. Jason Ghodasra went to college at Duke University where he was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society and graduated Magna Cum Laude. He received the Jerold A. Lein Endowed Scholarship to attend medical school at Northwestern University, completing a M.D./M.S.C.I. dual degree (Medical Degree and Master of Science in Clinical Investigation) and graduating with distinction. He then pursued an orthopaedic surgery residency at UCLA where he was elected as the Chief Resident in his senior year. Dr. Ghodasra also completed a hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship in Baltimore, Maryland at the world-renowned Curtis National Hand Center.
Dr. Ghodasra has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles in orthopaedic and medical journals and given over 50 national and international presentations, covering topics including the use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cells in orthopaedic surgery. He is passionate about being at the cutting edge of orthopaedic research and takes great pride in providing his patients with the most advanced orthopaedic care. Dr. Ghodasra utilizes novel non-surgical treatments as well as minimally invasive surgery, including endoscopic carpal tunnel release and arthroscopic surgery of the entire upper extremity.
He enjoys partaking in medical mission trips to underserved communities and recently provided free orthopaedic care in the Dominican Republic and Ethiopia. He belongs to several professional organizations including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, and the American Association for Hand Surgery. He was also selected to become a member of the American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leaders Forum.
In his free time, he loves trying new Chicago restaurants, watching football and college basketball, playing tennis, and skiing.
- Fellowship, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, The Curtis National Hand Center, Baltimore, MD
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- M.D./M.S.C.I., Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- B.S., Duke University, Durham, NC
- Hand, Wrist, Elbow & Microvascular Surgery
- Compression Neuropathy (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)
- Complex Trauma of the Hand, Wrist & Elbow
- Elbow & Wrist Arthroscopy
- Elbow Contractures, Instability & Reconstruction
- Nerve Injury & Reconstruction, including Tendon Transfer
- Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Upper Extremity
- Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Staff Physician, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Presence St. Joseph Medical Center, Silver Cross Hospital, Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Society of Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)