Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D J.D.
Spinal Surgery & DisordersPartner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Darwish is a board-certified fellowship-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery. His clinical practice focuses on diagnosing and treating disorders of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine with a wide range of options based on his extensive training.
Each treatment plan is tailored to the individual patient based on their needs, and goals. Dr. Darwish offers comprehensive care solutions, allowing patients to return quickly to active and healthy lifestyles. He often recommends nonsurgical solutions for the relief of neck and back pain including diagnostic procedures, pain management, physical therapy, and medications. Once these options have been exhausted, Dr. Darwish offers the most appropriate and least invasive surgical option.
He utilizes procedures that range from complex multilevel arthrodesis techniques to minimally invasive treatment options including:
- Laminectomy and microdiscectomies
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusions (ALIF)
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusions (TLIF)
- Lateral lumbar interbody fusions (XLIF)
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusions (ACDF)
- Sacroiliac joint fusions (SI joint fusion)
- Artificial disk replacements (ADR).
Dr. Darwish performs surgeries outpatient at a surgery center, and inpatient at a hospital. In an outpatient setting, there are quicker recovery times in the comfort of your own home.
Dr. Darwish was raised in the Chicago area. He returned to the region to begin his practice after completing his training in orthopaedic surgery at The Ohio State and fellowship training at the prestigious Texas Back Institute.
- Fellowship, The Texas Back Institute, Dallas, TX
- Residency, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Internship, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- M.D., Southern Illinois University, Springfield, IL
- J.D., Southern Illinois University Law School, Carbondale, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Hinsdale Hospital
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Plainfield Surgery Center
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association Physician Member
- American College of Legal Medicine Member
- North American Spine Society
Dr. Darwish and his staff have been outstanding from our first consultations, throughout the surgery and recovery at the hospital, and now in the post-op follow up appointments. Everyone is courteous, knowledgeable, professional, and very personable. We have already recommended Dr. Darwish to a neighbor. Oct 28th, 2015
Dr. Darwish was very kind and compassionate. He made us feel comfortable during a stressful time. After trying physical therapy and injections for my low back and leg pain, he recommended surgery. I had a minimally invasive L4 L5 fusion and went home the same day. I was walking within 2 hours of surgery. I would recommend him to anyone who has spine problems and needs a good doctor that will treat you with respect. Apr 30th, 2016
Dr. Darwish did an incredible job on a C5 C6 C7 cervical stenosis disc displacement surgery. Through this whole process Dr. Darwish and his P.A. Ashley were so patient and understanding. They answered all my questions and their confidence gave me the peace I needed to endure a surgery. I just completed a 2 week follow up visit, post surgery. The healing is ahead of schedule and i will have no scars. P.S. my wife thinks his P.A. is top notch also. Both have a great spirit. Jul 03, 2016