Jeffrey Staron, M.D.
Sports MedicineStaff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Jeffrey S. Staron is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in sports medicine. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in bioengineering from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, followed by a Doctor of Medicine degree from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the Fort Wayne Medical Education Program in Indiana.
Following his residency, Dr. Staron completed a sports medicine fellowship at the Detroit Medical Center where he had the opportunity to serve as assistant team doctor for the Detroit Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons. In practice, he also previously provided team medical coverage for the Gary SouthShore RailCats minor league baseball team and Lake Central High School. Dr. Staron joined Hinsdale Orthopaedics after practicing in Illinois and Indiana for seven years.
Dr. Staron provides comprehensive care of the musculoskeletal system. This encompasses treating acute and chronic orthopaedic injuries, with or without the need for surgery. He has a special interest in treating athletes of all ages and activity levels.
- Fellowship, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Residency, Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, Fort Wayne, IN
- M.D., Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Community Hospital
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Great Lakes Surgical Suites
- Franciscan Health
- The Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Fellow
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
I saw Dr. Staron for a wrist fracture. He explained everything to me and was very kind and knowledgeable. He really listens to you. I would highly recommend him.
Dr Staron is an excellent surgeon with a super bedside manor. He repaired my rotator cuff & I was back to normal in a few months. Highly recommend him. Great doctor!
Dr. Staron helped my daughter get back to her love of running after an old injury flared up again. He has a great personality and is really invested in his patients well-being! We highly recommend Dr. Staron!