Cary R. Templin, M.D.
Spinal Surgery & DisordersPartner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Cary Templin specializes in the operative and non-operative treatment of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Dr. Templin is an expert in minimally invasive surgical procedures. His practice includes spinal decompression and fusion, microsurgery and motion-preserving procedures, including artificial disc replacement.
Dr. Templin received his Medical Doctorate from University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, finished his orthopaedic surgery residency at Northwestern University, and went on to complete his spine surgery fellowship at University of California. He is board certified in orthopaedic surgery and spinal surgery.
In addition to his clinical practice, he is the co-author of many book chapters in spinal surgery textbooks as well as numerous scientific articles in peer-reviewed spine journals. Dr. Templin is a dedicated member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, North American Spine Society, the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, and the American Orthopaedic Association’s Emerging Leaders Program.
Dr. Templin’s goal is to first diagnose a patient’s pain source so that treatment is successful in alleviating the symptoms. His experienced team prides themselves on spending time with their patients and making sure that they are comfortable and well-informed regarding their diagnosis and treatment plan. Dr. Templin and his team focus on their quality of care so they can improve each patient’s quality of life.
- Fellowship, University of California, San Diego, CA
- Residency, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Internship, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- M.D., University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Author/co-author of orthopaedic and spine-related research publications and text books
- Hinsdale Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Silver Cross Hospital
- St. Joseph Medical Center
- Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Oak Brook Surgical Centre
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association - Emerging Leaders Program
- North American Spine Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery