Katelyn O'Connell, PA-C
Physician Assistant for Immediate Care Clinic
Katelyn O’Connell, MS, PA-C, is a board-certified physician assistant licensed to practice medicine, as well as prescribe most medicines, in the state of Illinois. Katelyn received extensive physician assistant training from Finch University of Health Sciences, an NCCPA accredited university in North Chicago, Illinois.
Following completion of her degree, she worked as a physician assistant in total joint replacement, spine surgery and general orthopaedic care. During her employment at Hinsdale Orthopaedics, from 2006 through 2014, she worked directly with Dr. Louis in operating room, hospital and clinical settings. She specialized in orthopaedic trauma, nonunion repairs and total joint replacements. From 2014-2018 she continued working with the Hinsdale Orthopaedics organization covering Immediate Care Clinics. Since then, she has been the Manager of the Immediate Care Clinic & has returned to working part-time on Dr. Louis’ team.
An active member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants, she keeps current with new and innovative techniques in the physician assistant field and orthopaedics.
- M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, Finch University of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL
- B.S., Exercise Physiology, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA
Areas of Specialty
- Hip & Knee Replacement
- Non-union/Malunion of Fractures
- Pelvic & Acetabulum Reconstructive Surgery
- Trauma/Complex Fracture Management
Current and Previous Appointments
- Staff PA, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Privileges at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Staff PA, Orthopaedic Specialists, Melrose Park, IL
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), Fellow
- Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants (IAPA), Fellow