Drew Schaafsma, PA-C
Physician Assistant for Dr. Burra
Drew Schaafsma, PA-C is a board-certified physician assistant licensed to practice in Illinois. He received his bachelor’s degree in athletic training and biology from Olivet Nazarene University, and his Master of Physician Assistant Studies from Union College in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Drew joined Hinsdale Orthopaedics in 2015 as a physician assistant for Dr. Giridhar Burra. Drew assists in the operating room and clinic to help diagnose and treat orthopaedic injuries and joint problems through both surgical and nonsurgical treatment options.
After completing his undergraduate degree, Drew spent time working as a certified athletic trainer and physician extender providing medical coverage at area schools and athletic events before attending PA school.
In addition to his role as a physician assistant, Drew also maintains his credentials as a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- M.P.A.S., Union College, Lincoln, NE
- B.A., Athletic Training and Biology, Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, IL
Areas of Specialty
- Orthopaedics, Athletic Training
Current and Previous Appointments
- Staff PA, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Privileges at Silver Cross Hospital, Edward Hospital, Plainfield Surgery Center, Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)