Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Our physical medicine & rehabilitation (PM&R) specialists at Hinsdale Orthopaedics offer the complete spectrum of cutting edge treatment options to patients with problems of the musckuloskeletal system. Using skills developed in ACGME-accredited training programs, PM&R specialists routinely treat patients of all ages afflicted with painful and function-limiting musculoskeletal disorders of the spine, peripheral joints, and soft tissues such as sprains/strains, disc herniations, rheumatologic conditions and athletic injuries.
Our specialists also diagnose and treat degenerative, developmental, acquired, and traumatic neuromuscular conditions of the upper and lower limbs, spinal cord, and brain. It is this unique blend of orthopaedic, neuromuscular, pain, and rehabilitation training and experience that makes the PM&R specialist an ideal physician for patients with occupational or sports-related musculoskeletal or neuromuscular injuries.
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation asserts that all physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists who have completed a physical medicine and rehabilitation residency have training to practice in the following areas:
- Inpatient and outpatient musculoskeletal and neuromuscular diagnosis and rehabilitation
- Electrodiagnostic medicine
- Medical and rehabilitative pain management
- Injury prevention and wellness
- Nonsurgical spine medicine
- Sports medicine including athletes with disabilities
- Interventional diagnostic and therapeutic spinal procedures
- Interventional pain management
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve Conductive Study (NCS)
- Peripheral Joint Injections
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) Injections